Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 4 of a Kind: Travel Edition

It's been three months since our last 4 of a Kind post and we have a few changes this month.  Marybeth of Marybeth's Time for Paper is working on some other responsibilities this month (make sure to stop by her blog and see what she has been up to) and we are so happy that our previous member, Renee has rejoined our little group.  This month I am the hostess and the pressure was on to come up with something new and different that the other three ladies haven't used or don't already own it.  As I was looking online for inspiration, I came across some digital patterned paper by Carta Bella, called Well Traveled.  I loved that paper and ended up basing my entire kit around it and it's travel theme.  Of course, the hostess...that would be me,  failed to take a picture of the kit ingredients, but luckily Kim was well prepared and took one for us.  Here is this month's kit ingredients:
As you can see, the patterned papers are such rich colors of cranberry, black, cream and kraft and I used my laser printer from work to print them out.  There was a digital element kit that matched the papers and I printed and cut them out with my silhouette.  I also included some washi tape, matching brads and other embellishments to go along with the travel theme.
Card #1:
Joyce likes to say these cards make themselves.  I took my kit with me to Montana and they honestly did practically make themselves.  I love the banner and balloon image in this one.
Card #2:
 I included a cute cut file from Silhouette called with a luggage tag.  I also found some stacked luggage in the Silhouette store and re-colored it digitally to match the kit.  The postage stamp embossing folder is from Cuttlebug.
Card #3:
 This card is made with PTI's World Map stamp.  I distressed the edges and added a lot of tea dye to age it.  The photo frames were from the Carta Bella kit.
Card #4:
This card is my favorite of the group although it is practically flat!  I used the washi tape to make patterned strips and added the sentiment from PTI Postages stamp set.  The little mini banner is made with Fabulous Frames dies.

Lots of fun this month, and I can honestly say I am totally stocked up on Miss You and any type of travel card I may ever need to send.  Here are all four of the cards I made, all lined up on my photo shelf.

Now that you have seen my cards, you are going to have a lot more fun looking at the cards made by the other three talented ladies in our 4 of a Kind group.  I am always amazed at how different our cards always are even though we use the exact same ingredients.

8 comments:

Kara said...

great cards!! your kit is so cool. Love all of the different modes of travel and that stack of luggage image is so cute!

Marybeth said...

So glad to see your original group back together ! Now I don't feel so bad .
Love ,love this kit you sent out. I have never seen it ...you did a great job finding something new! Not easy to do! Great colors too! Love every card! That map and balloon card ais one of my favorites ,and the one with the diagonal strips of paper ...love that one too! Perfect fun easy to use kit! I can just tell it was easy to use.

Joyce said...

These are all so amazing. I loved this kit (could you tell??), and am still amazed at how different our projects are. I'm glad I have so much left over, although that is amazing, since I made so many cards. Some of the highlights for me on your cards--the one with Washi--brilliant--I love one layer cards, love how you distressed that map card, the luggage lookes fabulous on that tag--kind of a reverse--luggage on the tag instead of tag on the luggage, and the way you used that photo frame. All such great ideas.

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...first thank you for such a wonderful and fun kit! I love each and every piece of it. Second...WOW, you did amazing things with your kit but I am not surprised! I love all of your cards so there is no favorite, they all are. You did some fabulous things that make me so happy to say that I do have leftovers to play with. That sweet luggage tag with those fun suitcases on the travel embossed card stock is brilliant! Your distressing the world map with the hot air balloons, fabulous! I really do love them and look forward to pulling out my leftovers to play with again. Thank you again for a fabulous kit!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Cathy you made the most gorgeous kit! All of the colours and elements are just fantastic. You cards, as they always are, are stunning! The hot air balloon is gorgeous as are the paper your chose. Your handiwork with the luggage is brilliant!

Renee said...

One...
I loved this kit!
The colors...
you know I love the darks and these were right up my alley!
But everything was so gorgeous...
thank you for such an incredibly fun kit...
I loved playing with it! :)
And I love what you did with it...
really lovin' that angled washitape...
it's perfect!
They're all gorgeous! :)

Sharron said...

Wow, you did an awesome job putting together the kit. Love the colors!! And all of your cards are fabulous. LOVE the luggage design! The one with the washi tape is a favorite of mine too--very cool!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh the places you'll go! What a neat kit Kim put together for you! Always happy to see you play and I enjoy seeing what you come up with... now for my fave... Its got to be the balloon on the map! Those stripes are a seriously close second though. Well done!